Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Favorite Sesame Street Episode

This is my 'favoritest' Sesame Street episode ever.




 I'm not totally sure why I have always liked it so much, but I take it as a good sign that Fred likes it just as much as I do. I think it may be a subtle reminder to me of how I have felt every time I have held one of my newborn children and "tried to figure them out". It happens again with the toddlers, and the adolescents, and the teenagers. There have been plenty of times I was certain what I was encountering was a 'chicken' only to discover what I thought they were didn't matter at all. It was once claimed that England and America were two countries divided by a common language- of course I think that probably holds true for all of humanity; and is especially recognizable in families with a few generations going  at once.

Try as we may- alien encounters are all too common.

No comments:

Post a Comment