Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fears

Here are my Top Ten  Five Fears in order:


  • Hell


  • Death
  • Cancer
  • My brother Greg 
  • My kids getting sick/dying
  • War
I wanted to make it a list of my top ten fears, but I could only think of five. There are some things I used to be afraid of VERY BADLY but no longer am.
Like authority figures and spiders.



My dear brothers ( ahem-Paul) were responsible for the arachnophobia; having tortured me as a child with fake spiders in books and by placing the plastic type all over my bed while I was napping as a child. Maybe there are some more lurking back in my mind but this is all I could come up with for now. Too bad they all have to be so big. Kind of makes it hard to get over them unless you can think of something bigger than them (like JESUS!).

Sometimes fear is good and makes us behave properly ( I exercise and try to eat better to avoid cancer) other times it can paralyze us. One of my favorite quotes ever is by my favorite author C.S.Lewis who said after his wife died and he was devastated. He said "No one ever told me grief felt so like fear.". I think that is true.

What are you afraid of?


No comments:

Post a Comment