Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dangerous Friendships

Proverbs 13;20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companions of fools will suffer harm.

My Mom and dad told me to be careful of my friendships when I was younger. The old adage "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are" has always rung true. Truly our friends are a big influence on us. Some more than others. 

I have finally decided  that my dear little friend Christine is a dangerous friend to have. She has exerted a subtle but alarmingly strong influence on me and my family that only seems to be growing stronger. 

Take today for a prime example. Christine has been asking me to come over to see her new chicks for a week now ( and planning it for much longer) and to 'bring all the kids along!' We finally arranged for today. I kept the plans secret for as long as possible from the children because they would have whined and bugged me for way too long had I not. Fred pulled up while I was pulling out of the driveway and when he heard where we were heading, he asked if he could come along. (Fred has had a soft spot for Christine since we went to the 'town fun day' and when he spotted the old race cars- she was over by them before even he could get there asking question and saying things like 'swwwweeeeeet' in a high pitched voice). 

So our whole clan showed up at Christine's to be welcomed to the smell of chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. Then she showed my kids the chicks. Oh my goodness- they went crazy! It was so cute watching them hold and cuddle with all those little balls of fluff! She even let the kids feed them yogurt off their fingers ( good for baby chicks digestive systems). When we had to pack them in the car the wailing and gnashing of teeth commenced.






On the way home Michael asked when Spring was. I told him around his birthday. He followed up by saying "Mom, guess what?" 
"What Mike?"
"For my birthday I am getting a whole BOX of chickens!"

Oh the danger of some friendships!


( psst- you can read more about Christine and her chicken adventures by clicking right here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment