Sunday, October 16, 2011

Barney

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've been busy. We actually had a super-duper-luper busy week, despite the fact it was supposed to be our week 'off'. We also got a call our friend Barney was going to be staying with us for the weekend. Boy we couldn't wait for him to get here! To have our friend Barney come and stay with us is sort of like having Christmas come early for our kid. When I told them he was staying for the weekend, they came unglued. Thomas pointing out to the others "He's my godfather!" He has a simply magical way with children. It takes about 5 minutes for the most shy to warm up to Barney.


Debbie ( Barneys wife) was at a high school reunion for the weekend and Mary Anne his daughter got married 2 weekends ago, so we got to hog Barney to ourselves for a few days! Mostly we did ordinary stuff like picking up pumpkins ( then slobbering them with paint) and watching movies together, or going to the park, but it was all special because they know Barney really loves them.



I do not want to embarrass him if he is reading this at some point, but rarely if ever have I ever met a person with as good and kind a heart as Barney has. I have never known him to turn away anyone who has asked anything of him. His friendship is such a treasure to Fred and I. What a perfect way to end a long week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are all having fun with my dad... Wishing I could be visiting with you all too!

    ReplyDelete