Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OH ...NO!!!

Baby talk is simply fascinating to me. I never get tired of it. It is a small miracle to behold. So little Sophia Grace has been doing the normal gurgling thing and cooing and babbling as she is supposed to. Yes she can say Da Da, Ba Ba, and Mama, without much real meaning. Today though she had ( in my opinion) her first real word. 



I picked her up from her nap and put her on the changing table for diapering. Joe Joe walked into the room. He started gurgling and cooing over her immediately. When she was finished I picked her up and turned to walk out of the room. Joey stopped me and held out his arms to his baby sister saying "Sophie, don't you want to come to Joe Joe???" with a big wide smile. She looked right at him and suddenly blurted out "NO!" and tucked her head into my shoulder. Joe and I were so surprised we both blurted out "OH! NO!" and then  did it another 75 times showing each person in the house multiple combinations and variables that would make Sophie clearly say "NO!"


 Each time the subsequent hand clapping, laughing, and rejoicing over the word made her giggle. She discovered she could express herself today and enjoyed the experience almost as much as we did. 
 ( Something tells me I'll regret this love of the word NO later on, but for today it's an awful lot of fun.) 


I know from here it generally picks up speed. One word turns into two, and then three, and soon small sentences until she is using very sophisticated words like her big sister Sarah does "Michael showed me cause he knowed that Mom!" It won't be long till she is chatting with her sisters before bedtime. 

And come to think of it, it won't be much longer after that she is wanting to talk on the phone ....and  complain about my mothering skills....


GULP...


OH.... NO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment