Monday, May 16, 2011

Fairy Tales

So many headlines today carried this story:

Once upon a time I read A Brief History of Time. I loved how Mr. Hawkings ended his book with the thought of knowing the mind of God should we figure all things out. He has apparently clarified some of his views since then. He believes in aliens, but not in God.

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational. The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."




I greatly admire this man. His wit and genius come across in his writings and interviews despite his simply devastating physical disabilities. His mark has been left on this world and will remain for long after he is gone. He has helped to advance the sciences in a truly noble way. He has dealt with the challenges of his physical limitations due to ALS with remarkable hope and resignation. And yet....

In his new book he rejects Sir Isaac Newton's theory that the Universe did not spontaneously begin to form but was set in motion by God.In June last year Prof Hawking told a Channel 4 series that he didn't believe that a "personal" God existed.


He told Genius of Britain: "The question is: is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second.
“If you like, you can call the laws of science 'God', but it wouldn't be a personal God that you could meet, and ask questions."


So what is a 'believer' to do when confronted with arguably the world most intelligent man saying heaven is in his genius opinion a fairy story?


I mean really folks, does any rational person want to be on the opposite side of an argument with this particular genius?  

Hmmm? That's a tough one, but after thinking about it for approximately .0007645009897612% of a nano-second( that's an infinitesimally small amount of time that we genius' use for all you pea- brains out there who need much longer to figure these weighty matters out). And I decided .....




Jesus is Lord!  Phew!

And there is more good news  when I spoke with the very man tonight ( that would be Jesus- the very personal man whom I regularly ask questions of) He said despite Stephen Hawkings lack of belief in Him, he still believes in Stephen Hawkings!

 (full disclosure I got the impression Jesus likes Stephen almost as much as I do,maybe more- and thats a whole lot!) 

So tonight I'll make a simple request of all of my dear readers.If you do believe in God ( or even haven't completely decided against him just yet) maybe you'd leave a simple "Amen" on my comment thread or Facebook page to let me know I'm not completely alone against the great intellectual giant?


 (And don't forget to ask Jesus to bless Dear Mr Hawkings both here and in the next life too. I do so like him!)



1 comment: