Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zombies Revisted

Its been almost forever since I have updated you on the Zombie Apocalypse, but I assure you it is not because we are out of harms way. It is simply because I don't want to alarm all of you; since I know so many of you preppers are out there getting ready for the whole Mayan countdown. I am not big countdown girl myself. That whole "You do not know the day nor the hour" passage, keeps me safely in the dark to the actual world end date. However, Zombies are an entirely different story. You just never know when an infectious illness could catapult us into the nearest Wal- Mart for safety. I am afraid Paige and I will have to part ways over the whole Target vs. Wal-Mart issue, at least for now, as I address other aspects of the impending  zombie invasion.
Without blathering on, I suppose I should make sure you all have the latest information on zombie defensive weaponry. The hot debate currently in our house is whether or not nuclear tactics are more harmful or helpful in zombie military strategy. Peter thinks we need to build up our nukes to defeat the outbreak of zombie attacks worldwide; while John-Paul more thoughtfully points out that nuclear weaponry can actually spawn more zombies in a few cases, and therefore is to be shunned in its totality. *Clarification* ( he is leaning over my shoulder as I type telling me I am misrepresenting his views) He does not think it should be TOTALLY shunned, but he does not think it should be our sole method of advancement.
He prefers razor wire perimeter defenses, with strategically placed turrets around the home. Ideally, they would be remotely controlled. Claymores are a must have for John-Paul's cache. He also parts ways with Peter in defensive vehicle choices. While you might recall Peter is an advocate of Hum-Vee's with mounted weaponry, John-Paul believes Ferrari's with laser enhanced sighted missiles and reinforced ramming devices, would be more effective in exploiting the genetic weakness of zombies slow movement. He could be right.
I personally think it is important to stay open-minded about these choices- as once the outbreak begins, we will have to be willing to move quickly and decisively- but also not be so committed to one style of defense that we inadvertently box ourselves in. I would urge the same willingness to engage other perspectives in your own conversations. It could certainly lead to a better sharing of our mental resources , you know our 'brain power' ( pun intended) when the day arrives.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that all good zombie defense plans should include Alaska.

    ReplyDelete