Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Midwinter's Night Dream

Last night Fred and I slept. The whole night long we slept. No little visitors cluttering our bed. No requests for drinks or bathroom visits with little toes padding down the hallway. There was nothing scary in the night that we had to find or fix. No soothing or comforting was done. I closed my eyes at midnight and opened them when there was sunlight. It was a blissful experience. I am so grateful. And had I not been awake for so many nights in a row, I would never have appreciated how good it is to sleep. I would have taken it for granted as I do so many other things and not stopped to Thank God for what a good nights sleep actually means to us humans. So I am doubly happy now to have that extra something to be grateful for.






No comments:

Post a Comment