Thursday, February 16, 2012

NY Has the Best Bread

I know I told you that I was in NY last weekend. Did I mention they have the best bread on the planet? Not simply real bagels. I stayed with my brother Paul and His wife Hilary and their two kids Luke and Brennan in Queens for the first night we arrived. He went out and bought 3 loaves of fresh Semolina bread from a bakery in Brooklyn. The crust was exquisite. Every bite more perfect than the last. WE ate all 3 loaves and I'd do it again if I had the opportunity. It didn't even need butter ( but it did enhance the experience).

The bagels are as you already have heard from some other NYers- the best too. And yes the pizza as well. I miss those things a good deal when I am home. I'll still eat bagels and pizza outside of NY, but it is a radically different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment