Friday, February 24, 2012

Movie Picks

A short while ago Peter posed on facebook asking his friends opinions on best movies ever. He got quite a variety of responses. It also sparked me into choosing a few good movies for our older and middle kids to watch along side us as a family. The first one we picked was Ethan Frome. That is my all time favorite movie. Everything about it speaks to me. Liam Nieson is the lead.

We also watched the Age of Innocence recently. It's another incredible movie with Daniel Day Lewis and Michelle Pfeiffer. I loved Winona Ryder in that one. I would really like my boys to read all these novels, but since they do study lots of classics, I am happy to supplement with the movie versions of these stories.

Two nights ago we watched Moby Dick and Matthew has told me repeatedly how much he hated that story. It was terribly upsetting to him. He couldn't believe the madness that overtook the men and wanted desperately for Starbucks to make it at the end.

We are going to watch To Kill a Mockingbird next. Fred can't wait to see how they react to the premise and the characters. The impressions they make on the heart are unforgettable.

Tell me, do you have any recommendations for other good movies based on compelling novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment