Monday, November 21, 2011

GUEST POST: Peter

During the time of thanksgiving, many people often get so caught up in the food, parties, and activities involved that they forget about the POINT of thanksgiving. To give thanks! God has blessed each and every one of us with gifts he wants us to use. Not necessarily physical gifts, but also personalities, skills, and all sorts of different things to better serve him on this earth. We remember the parable of the master who gave his talents to the servants, let us use them gratefully and not horde them, losing their purpose. Its good to remind ourselves of the things we take for granted such as the clothes on our back, or the cars we drive. 10 things I'm grateful for:

1. All of my wonderful friends who are always there for me in my times of need.


2. My parents who brought me into this world (and can easily take me back out)

3. My clothes, games, and bedroom.


4. 3 cars in the driveway (mind if I take out the truck for a spin dad?)


5. My Religious beliefs which I have been so greatly educated in.


6. The beautiful country I live in. God bless the soldiers who protect us!


7. My school, teachers, and supplies (which also came from my parents) to help educate me.

8. My awesome brothers and sisters whom I love, and who all love me back!


9. Food provided for me everyday, all day.


There they are (yes I left out #10 on purpose just to see if you were paying attention.) God bless you all and have a wonderful thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment