Sunday, November 20, 2011

GUEST POST :Andy





Personally, it is my belief that I have a lot to be grateful for. God has blessed me with a great deal of wonderful gifts, starting with amazing people and personal talents as well as different objects and possessions which I enjoy. Without a doubt, my family and friends are the most important part of my life. So, in the first place of my top five, I will put my family.
Naturally, my family takes up the majority of my time. I am blessed with a huge family. I have nine siblings, two parents, more than twenty Aunts and Uncles, over thirty first cousins, and grandparents. However, if anyone of them deserves to be recognized, it is my Mom. Together we have shared hundreds of spectacular memories, butted heads, learned and taught each other important lessons (she did 99% of the teaching, but claims to have learned something from me… Ha! Yeah right!), and most importantly, shown each other love. Within this time I have come to realize that there is no one in my life that I wish I could be more like. I swear this is true. My Mom displays unmatched common sense, incredible kindness, constantly gives selfless acts of love and generosity, and faith which is unmatched by any I have seen. I’m sure that you’ll all agree. However, even though my Mom is the only one worthy of the place she has in my life, this doesn’t mean the rest of my family is less remarkable. So much of my formation, so many of my physical skills, and even my very life, I owe to my Dad. And, in addition to him, each and every one of my siblings has made me the person I am and provided me with many skills.
The next thing which I am most grateful for in my life are my friendships. I am blessed with many wonderful friends who help build me up and provide support for me in the times I need. They are the people whom I am indebted to for my formation. They bring me so much joy through their acts of love and kindness.
I am extremely grateful for my faith. This is in the third position, after my family and my friends, because I owe my faith to them. God has blessed me with the knowledge of His existence through those people. They have taught me to love Him, to want Him, and to need Him. Without faith, my life would be meaningless.
In the fourth spot of what I am most grateful for are my own talents and abilities. I am lucky to be strong, healthy, and athletic. I'm creative and skilled with my hands, I have at least reasonable common sense, and I can run two miles in 12 min. 38 seconds! What I can’t do, I am glad to have natural incentive to want to work on. However, none of this is owned to myself, but rather to God and the people I know who have taught it all to me.
Finally, I am grateful for all that I own and all that I have been given. Indeed, I am lacking in nothing. I have a magnificent home with a pool, a bed room, clothes, a laptop, and plenty to eat. My family even has an extra car which I am permitted drive! What more could one want!?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment