Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Naptime

This was a conversation I heard today:

Joe: Well where is it Michael?

Mike:I don't know. I thought it was over here.

Joe: Its not over here.

Mike:I know, I forgot where I put it.

Joe: What are you gonna do?

Mike:I'll ask Mom. MOM!!!

Mom:Yes Michael?

Mike: Did you see my frog around here?

Mom: (GROAN) No.

I did find it later. On the kitchen counter. Not moving. I called Mike. He came in and yelped for joy. He asked why it wasn't moving. I hadn't the heart to answer bluntly so I chose my words carefully; Maybe he's sleeping Mike.

Mike:Hey Joe, I found my frog, he's right here taking a nap!

There were no tears so it must have worked. Besides I have played with Mike in the sandbox before and I can assure you afterwards- you really are dead tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment