Monday, September 26, 2011

Fitness Accountability

OK, since I got an email from my friend Steve today asking me if I was well and if I have been running;I suppose it is time for a fitness update.(Steve is also a fitness guru and I get my best advice from him.)

Let me "JOG" your memories and remind you of my goals.



Week1: Run a mile 5 days a week . Its actually OK to walk at times as I get back into gear. (That generally only lasts about 3 days then I am able to run a full mile.)
Week 2: Run 1.5 miles 5 days a week. ( this will be with a warm up and cool down)

Well, I am happy to tell you that not only have I made really good food choices for the last 2 weeks, (I like eating healthy), as of tonight I have also dropped 5 pounds!!! WAHOO! (Now if you really want to be impressed, add that to the 12 pounds I already lost the first day and I'm down 17 pounds !) 

Tonight I began day one of week three running 2.0 miles. It feels great. Don't't misunderstand, I never WANT to run, but once I have I am happy. I also had some serious decoys come my way these last 2 weeks threatening my ability to exercise. Fred threw out his back at work last week, and the older boys were not around. My chances of getting a run in were slim to none. Then I remembered the outdoor track and packed 7 kids into the van and drove them over. I made Matt and Joe wheel Sophie in the stroller and the other kids ran with me. Mary of course told me the whole time she had to use the bathrooms to which I adamantly announced "NO" and made her wait. I don't feel bad about this because no matter where we go, its the first thing she does as soon as we arrive. The second night of Fred's back troubles- he decided to come along. He couldn't run- but he walked, and did so again the next night as well. Tonight he is back to running and seems much improved. (He also lost 3 pounds)


So there you have it, 2 weeks in and 5 pounds down. I have 4 weeks to go. I'll check back with you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment