Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today

I had a wonderful day. (It's my birthday) I tend to be kinda shy about my birthday. I am not keen on being the center of attention- so I avoid it. Kind of hard to believe from a gal who writes publicly just about every day of her life huh? I guess we're all a bunch of contradictions when it comes right down to it. 



So Fred made me pancakes for breakfast with the wonderful new blackberry syrup we made a few nights ago. We  did a little shopping later in the day and then went out for an early dinner at an awesome Japanese restaurant. I managed to sneak in phone calls with many of my siblings and a few even sent cards ( my memory is not nearly as good as theirs!) When we arrived back home the kids made a birthday party complete with balloons, cake, presents, and cards. They also cleaned the house top to bottom which was perhaps the nicest gift of all for a busy Mom. 




Then the older boys headed out to ballroom for the evening and took Matty along this time. He was so excited to be included! God has been so good to me and on my birthday this year I am especially grateful for my family. 


I know this is going to sound strange but I am happy to be a little older. Every day of my life is a gift, and standing in the different places of time allows me  a beautiful glimpse of the view. It seems a shame to waste any of those moments lamenting what I might have seen from a different spot, when a spectacular landscape stands directly in front of me. At 41 years old, I have an incredible husband whom I am really in love with, 10 interesting children who I'm thoroughly enjoying getting to know, a beautiful and almost completely redone home, a dozen years of homeschooling experience, good health, extended family that loves me and cares about me, friends who keep me smiling,a blog I enjoy writing, and of course a well worn faith that has seen me through many trials and tribulations as well as blessings galore. 41 is a good view. Its pretty. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to a beautiful lady INSIDE and out! So glad you had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete