Thursday, April 14, 2011

Antiques Road Show

Just gotta love Antiques Road Show. I mean seriously folks, in times of deep economic uncertainty, our political life breaking down by the minute, the housing market diving, and inflation driving prices of food and gas to epic proportions- in comes the Antiques Road Show and Mark Wahlberg to make us all feel better.


I know I feel better when I watch it. I am certain that some old thing I have lying around here is worth way more than what I realize. And hey, if all hell breaks loose at least I'll have this item to hold onto!  Who would have ever though that great Aunt Harriet's blender was actually the first one made by the Sunbeam company way back when? Now it is a priceless heirloom! 



Baseball cards, Smaseball Cards, I must have at least a couple of vases lying around here ( with maybe a few dents and nicks) worth a whole heck of a lot! You want blankets? I got blankets. Figurines you say? Hah! Got those too!




Of course I have never been able to figure out where you would actually bring all this junk, I mean heirlooms to 'redeem' their worth ( cha ching!)  should they actually be worth something.You better believe I would NOT be holding onto one of these items if I suddenly discovered it was worth 100,000.00. The only place I've ever actually seen these items is on the Road Show, ( aside of course from the illustrious Emmitsburg Antique Gallery locally, which BTW- I LOVE going to, and if I had money to spend I'd certainly head there! An hour in that place is like getting lost in your Grandmothers attic. Since the only Grandmother I ever knew died when I was 8 -it's an especially dear place for me to visit.)


 In fact 'they' said there was a market for these items and lately my stuff has become most desirable! Someone, somewhere, out there, is looking for just what I have lying around here. They are smart enough
 ( much smarter than me at least)  to see my junks real value. One day it'll pay off. You'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Just popped on and saw the terrible floods there. I hope they're affecting the roads and not homes. I also love antique roadshow, it's so interesting to hear the history behind the items. Hope everyone is doing great and you're enjoying that hot chocolate :)
    Steve

    ReplyDelete