Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Veggies and growing stuff

We have tomatoes, strawberries, eggplant, and potatoes all ready to go this year. I don't know how they'll fair, but at least we have started. Once begun is half done.  I also, stupidly, bought an aloe vera plant on impulse, and I already regret it. Not because aloe vera plants aren't terrific, but because I feel like I have condemned this poor plant to an untimely death. I told Fred I should never have purchased it. He tried to warn me when I picked it up. I ignored him in a don't-tell-me-what-to-buy kind of way. Once we were  on the way home, reason settled back in, and I predicted its life cycle. It will sit happily on a window ledge for a good long time. At some point one of my children, ( or more likely I) will get a sunburn. I will suddenly remember I have an aloe vera plant! I will gently break a leaf off the plant and shows its magical properties to my aching child, and then warn him or her not to touch the plant unless necessary. Then, the  next possible moment I am not looking, my other children will all develop burns that need immediate care and I will find the plant entirely dismembered and decimated and have to go bury it in my yard. 
R.I.P.  at some future unknown date poor plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment