Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Magnificent Seven

When I hear the phrase "The Magnificent Seven" I am very much inclined to think of my sons. Those wonderful young men we have been raising for the last 19 years of  marriage. They certainly are terrific, and occasionally wonderful, and at times they can even be magnificent, but that is not what this post is about.


A friend lent a copy of  the movie The Magnificent Seven to us, and we watched it last night. I haven't seen a Western in a really long time.Like, my Dad was still alive, and I was a little girl long time. I was totally surprised by how good it actually was. Really. The message of good versus evil was so straightforward it was refreshing. OK sure, there was lots of gun fighting, but honestly at least everyone died with one easy shot! No blood or gore necessary to get the point across.

I think I may have found a new favorite genre of film.I think The Good,the Bad,and the Ugly will have to be next.Cause nobody did cool like Clint did. Nobody.

2 comments:

  1. You have the best magnificent seven of all! I LOVE that picture of the boys. Definitely frame worthy! Love those seven handsome boys of yours!

    ReplyDelete