Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring is Coming

So glad that Winter is finally losing it's grip and Spring is a contender in the weather wars. This Winter was particularly difficult. There was snow, but not too terribly much. There was cold, but it was not too terribly cold.There were trials, but none too awful to face. There was blah. Aha! Yes, it must have been the blah that there was too much of. The many days in a row that all looked liked each other made the house a bit difficult for some indeterminable number of weeks. Like synchronized swimmers lining up for a show each indistinguishable from the one before.

Wake-up
coffee
prayer (yes that is the correct order)
diapers
breakfast bowls
dishwasher
dress
laundry
schooling
lunch
clean-up
nap-time
dinner
vacuum
garbage
sweep
bed
wake-up

Do not let the words deceive you. This schedule is not for the faint of heart.  Merely reading through the words is enough to make most grown men yawn. Imagine actually carrying out each one of these chores daily.

The sunshine is welcome. The rays of it compete with the little bits of snow and ice still remaining, but I know who the winner will be. The light seems to get stronger each hour despite the temperature. My little boys are sure to be much more comfortable running around outside in their shorts ( which they never bothered to put away during the Winter- and I couldn't bring myself to either as they hold memories within the fabric much too good to box up!) I will be happy for the feeling of lightness.

When we were little my brothers would play a game with me wherein they would hold my arms at their side with great force pressing down while I tried with all my might to raise them up. We did this for a full count of 60. When the count was over each of us would end our efforts. The limp arms at my side now exhausted from fighting would suddenly, with no effort on my part part, rise gracefully in the air.I would feel giddy as the magic took effect and thoroughly enjoy the new found lightness.

Spring makes the heart float.

2 comments: