Saturday, May 26, 2018

Ordinary loveliness

Only a few days more til I get to hug and kiss you all and let you unwrap some presents! Thanks for being so good for John-Paul, Andy and Rachel. We miss you all more than you know. While it has been the trip of a lifetime, I'm so happy that my every day life is filled up with so much of you that I feel wealthy in love.

Dad talks about you so much and laughs and tells Peter and Abbie all the funny things you do. He's been so happy to have us to himself after two years of seperation.
Leaving Florence
Such a beautiful city

Today, we sadly left Florence. It's a toss up whether we like Venice or Florence better. I told dad I couldn't choose and he said not to bother-if I pick Venice he'll choose Florence and vice versa so we'd have both one  at the top of our list at all times. Sounds legit.
This pigeon thought he owned the train station

We did alot of travelling today, and all our connections were only minutes apart from each other, so we were on high alert all day, but we made it! We're back in Aviano and we went to the vigil mass just after we checked into our hotel. It's even a little nicer than the first rooms (which were really nice).

Tonight Peter took us to a local chicken place called BEFeD. It's strange sounding, especially for a chicken place, but it was really delicious. Its all natural and organic and the spices are pretty amazing. Pete says it's a chain and Abbie has wanted to try it since he told her about it.
We haven't eaten one bad thing here. Not one.


Afterwards, we walked all around Pordenone and just soaked in the ordinary loveliness of a small town in Italy. The streets smell so strongly here of flowers, almost exclusively honey-suckle. I wont ever smell it again without thinking of Italy-Rome especially.The culture is just beautiful here. People are out eating on the streets, and setting up tables for parties, and pouring wine. With so much alcohol around, I'd expect it to be wild, but it doesnt appear to be from what I've seen. And while there's alot of technology, I see less people overly connected to their phones which makes me happy.
I need one of these for the girls!
 a pop-up party and the streets are cordoned off 
A random government building, so pretty!

There's some talk tonight (dad and Abbie) about finding a beach. it's not my first choice of outings, but Dad always has good ideas so I just go along when he gets onto something like that-Pete is the same as mr.I'll let you know if it turns out ok.

Mostly today we've been talking about our family and we've decided that ordinary loveliness is a really good part of it. Can't wait to hug you all.
Love,
Mom and Dad


1 comment:

  1. For most, occasion handwriting bequeaths several weeks associated with search in addition stays associated with guide. Your current add nevertheless designates tips on how to attain your research through easily other than from the speediest night out achievable. My partner and i totally revere your function. ami rental

    ReplyDelete