Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Italy -Pordenone

Hi there!

We don't have great wifi access yet, so it looks like I may need to resort to blogging and Facebook messenger to keep in touch with the kiddos. I'll do my best to post pictures so you get a better idea.
Travelling was just okay. We were scheduled to leave in the midst of a tornado watch, which put our flights back 2 hours and made us miss our connecting flight in London. Since I love airports and they gave us free tickets for food, this seemed like an awesome opportunity. Unfortunately, Abbie and I were both travelling a little bit sick with colds, and not sleeping for 39 hours straight was just not a good combo.

When we did arrive in Venice, Pete was waiting! We got a quick bite to eat, and then collapsed.

This morning (really,afternoon as we slept til 12) Peter and Abbie went to Lake Barcis and he proposed. She accepted! Here we go again with another LeGare/Willman wedding!

Needless to say, they are both over the moon with happiness. They spent the afternoon calling each other 'fiancée'.

The base is beautiful. I'm so happy to see where Pete is living after so many skype sessions. It reminds me of a California landscape as there are terrace cotta rooves, vineyards everywhere (inclung the base), and palm trees, which I wasn't expecting. A few fighter jets took off while the boys were in the grocery store and Abbie and I were both seriously impressed. Fred came tearing out but had missed them. This happened again today and I saw it again, but Fred didnt. (It's driving him crazy, and making me laugh.)

This afternoon, the 4 of us went to Pordenone to celebrate their engagement. We had a light lunch at an our door cafe on cobblestone streets. The weather is perfect, sunny and mid 70's. It's unfortunate I don't like wine, and I have come to realize I just never will. However, if you ask for water they bring you seltzer and I cannot begin to tell you the happiness I feel at this being a normal thing here!


We had cappuccino with a dessert in the middle of the afternoon. Fred and I have realized the eating timeline in Italy is much closer aligned to our own. Late dinners with snacks throughout the afternoon will be just fine by us.

I'm wondering how all my kiddos are managing. Hoping Joe's getting through drivers ed okay, and that the last day of classes went well. I'll do my best to update here daily!
Love you all,
Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. That’s so awesome!! Congratulations to all of you and have a great trip!! (I was just thinking of you earlier today and was so happy to see you on Facebook again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Peter and Abbie and to you and Fred!

    ReplyDelete