Friday, April 20, 2012

Backyard Monsters

    Facebook has a game called Backyard Monsters. My boys are ALWAYS sending me requests to enter the game. I have managed to escape so far. But I decided to face some different kinds of backyard monsters tonight. When we moved in here, the back yard had the loveliest little grotto I ever did see. Barney and Deb and Mare ( who lived here first) spent lots of time making it beautiful along with all the rest of the land. I don't have a particularly green thumb, but its not awful either. I started working on it after a couple of years and really loved that back piece. We had May crownings each year and I loved watching things grow up and flower.

     The last few years we have been doing inside work. Fred built our addition thus pulling us both to other areas of life. It can be busy around here. Fred told me at dinner tonight he was almost ready for some yard work ( we still have odds and ends to finish up inside, but we're getting there). We both decided it was time to head back out to the grotto. Needless to say it was full of backyard monsters. Weeds and overgrowth  three years old. We looked at each other and the amount of work ahead and decided to call for reinforcements. Its days like these having seven sons ( and a handy dandy back hoe) actually pays off. Look what we accomplished in 2 hours. Granted, we have a whole lot of planting and weeding and mulching still to do, but we have begun. I'm looking forward to that space again.

No comments:

Post a Comment